that U.S. presidential candidates were asked in 2016
Economy & more Green Jobs.
Improving the Economy would likely also help to promote peace and better health through reduced stress levels of U.S. citizens and visitors.
More Green Jobs would help the economy and the environment and would likely also help promote improved health.
Improving the economy would help support improved education services which in turn would help promote a more stable economy going into the future.
Individual goals for helping improve the Economy and provide more Green Jobs include:
- Work towards changing the business and capital gains tax code to support hiring employees more instead of supporting depreciation of the cost of capital expenses.
- End subsidies for fossil fuels and redirect the money to subsidize green jobs in wind or solar power and in research and development of more sustainable biofuel sources (such as hemp or vertically grown algae – use of crop roughage and tree chippings is not really sustainable) or batteries for making transportation based on solar energy more feasible.
- Support research and development of hemp for use in biofuel and plastic production and other uses in technology (strong but light fiberglass like material for use in vehicles and other industrial uses). Change the status of medical marijuana from Schedule 1 to Schedule 3 and change regulations to support the growth of hemp for use in food products or for technological uses.
- Support keeping more jobs of all types in the U.S. and decrease the focus on globalization of all industries. Over the long term as a species, if we hope for a long term or for our species to survive, then we need to reduce all non-essential travel and transport that uses fossil fuels. Ending globalization wouldn’t be the goal but less needs to occur if we hope to reduce our species production of carbon dioxide.
- Support research and development of wind and solar powered forms of mass transportation and for transport of products and supplies.
- Agribusiness, as it has developed, is producing a significant amount of carbon dioxide; subsidizing more hand labor jobs for management of weeds and pests would benefit workers who need manual labor jobs and would help the environment.
- Increase taxes on capital gains. Strengthen the ability of the IRS to investigate off-shore tax haven accounts and big money tax dodgers.
- Work towards having a simpler flat tax rate with fewer exclusions making income tax easier to calculate for everybody whether rich or poor.
- Work towards breaking up the big banks and restoring the Glass-Siegel situation to help prevent future income bubbles (finance is not my field – I would need to consult experts on this and really in all areas – many heads equals more wisdom, roughly).
Disclaimer: Opinions are my own and the information is provided for educational purposes within the guidelines of fair use. While I am a Registered Dietitian this information is not intended to provide individual health guidance. Please see a health professional for individual health care